Package Tour | Insight Vacations | 4 Days Gems of Britain
4 Days Gems of Britain
Book by 2nd May 2010 to enjoy discounted price!
July: 5, 12
August: 2, 9, 23
Succinct and feature packed, which calls for a spirited itinerary, but you wouldn’t want it any other way with only a few days to capture the essence of Britain. It includes everything you would expect: Cambridge, York, Edinburgh, the English Lake District, Chester and Shakespeare’s Stratford-upon-Avon. A super concise tour crafted for guests with limited vacation time who would like to experience the very best of Britain in just four days.
Day 01 London - Cambridge - York - Darlington (Dinner)
Meet your Tour Director early this morning and head northwards to the gracious city of Cambridge, home of Britain’s second university. A glimpse here of the age-old tradition of learning as you stroll by some of the colleges, including the magnificent King’s College. Continue through the heart of ‘Robin Hood Country’ (though sadly little now remains of the leafy glades of Sherwood Forest) to historic York. Inside the ancient city walls, you approach the magnificent York Minster, England’s largest medieval cathedral. Then walk through the narrow cobbled streets to the Tudor ‘Shambles’, where the houses lean so far they almost touch! Free time to shop before continuing to your hotel.
Hotel: Blackwell Grange.
Day 02 Darlington - Edinburgh (Breakfast)
Cross the wild Northumberland Moors and go past the romantic ruins of Jedburgh Abbey, cross the Borders and head on to Scotland’s elegant capital, Edinburgh. On a guided city tour, drive down the stately Royal Mile, past St Giles’ Cathedral to Holyroodhouse Palace – the Queen’s residence in Edinburgh – and on to the 18th century New Town. Visit Edinburgh Castle, housing the Honours of Scotland, the nation’s crown jewels. Why not spend the evening eating haggis and listening to the sound of bagpipes? Hotel: Jury’s Inn.
Drive through the Southern Uplands to Gretna Green, where many an eloping English couple have been married, then cross the border back into England. Enjoy a drive through the Lake District, a region so beautiful it inspired a host of English poets. Wander in Wordsworth’s footsteps before continuing to lively Liverpool, home of the Beatles! Your hotel is adjacent to the iconic Liver Building and overlooking the Dock Front World Heritage Site. Hotel: Atlantic Tower by Thistle.
Day 04 Liverpool - Chester - Stratford - London (Breakfast)
First stop today is at the former Roman fortress town of Chester. Walk with your Tour Director along part of the well preserved city walls. See the Eastgate Clock, Cathedral, the unique black and white ‘Rows’ (shopping arcades) and the remains of the Roman Amphitheatre. Continue to the famous Wedgwood China Visitor Centre, where there is much to tempt those seeking fine British souvenirs. Now to Stratford-upon-Avon where you visit Shakespeare’s birthplace. Return to London through the flowertrimmed villages of the Cotswolds, one of the most beautiful parts of England.
Terms & Conditions:
* Rates are subject to seat or room availability & cannot combine with other promotions
* Tour prices, services & conditions are correct as the time of publication and are subjected to change without notice in the event of unforeseen circumstances like currency fluctuations, increases in hotel rates, airfares, local taxes & etc
* Should there be any discrepancies in fares, prices at our retail counters will be taken as the final rate.
* Any cancellation after confirmation of tickets, hotels & packages will be subject to hotel / airline and administration charges
* All prices stated exclude optional tours, tips for guide & driver, travel insurance, visa fees, airport taxes, personal expenses and others which are not mentioned in the inclusion.
* Taxes and fuel surcharges can only be confirmed at the point of ticket issuance
* Images shown are for reference purposes only & may differ from actual condition
* All brands, product names and logos used in this website are for identification purposes only and may be registered trademarks of the respective companies.